It’s such a privilege to have a digital identity archived for such a long time, but inevitably life intervenes. This site needs an update and I have been otherwise distracted.
In particular, the research pages no longer reflect where I’m at, and so as a placeholder while I sort this out, here’s a list of what I’ve recently written and what I’m interested in right now. Once I have a new site I’ll start posting current research again….and probably some poems too.
ME AT WORK:
Associate Professor, Department of Media and Communications London School of Economics and Political Sciences
Director: JUST AI Network: http://www.just-ai.net
THINGS I WROTE RECENTLY:
- A Book!!
- Undoing Optimization: Civic Action in Smart Cities. New Haven: Yale University Press.
- An Article!!
- Explanations as Governance? Investigating practices of explanation in algorithmic system design. European Journal of Communication doi: https://doi.org/10.1177/02673231211028376
- Some blogs!!
- Prototyping Ethical Futures. JUST AI Network on Data and AI Ethics https://www.adalovelaceinstitute.org/blog/prototyping-ethical-futures-data-ai/
- Networking With Care: Mapping ‘Justice’ https://www.adalovelaceinstitute.org/blog/networking-care-mapping-justice/
- Urban Life and Civic Action in ‘Smart’ Cities. LSE Media and Communication Blog. https://blogs.lse.ac.uk/medialse/2021/06/07/urban-life-and-civic-action-in-smart-cities/
WHAT I’M INTERESTED IN NOW:
Community-based research. Ethics and participation in technology development. Digital citizenships. Data and AI ethics; cultural and policy implications of data and AI. Queer and feminist theory. Research creation, design methods and participatory methods in research and public engagement.